Carrington-Fuller Post 800 has reopened effective June 23rd. Our business hours have been slightly modified and certain precautions need to be observed by our staff and patrons to keep everyone safe and to comply with CDC and NYS guidelines and requirements. Please note the following:
1. Staff members will be screened at the beginning of each shift to ensure that they are healthy and have not been in contact with someone who may have exposed them to the virus.
2. Staff members will wear face coverings at all times that they are on duty.
3. Patrons must wear face coverings at all times except when they are seated at a table or at the bar. Those seated at the bar will be required to maintain six feet of separation from others who are not in their household.
4. Tables will be arranged to provide a minimum of six feet of separation between them. Individuals at the same table must be members of the same party (but may be from different households) with a maximum of 10 people per table.
5. Additional table seating with six foot separations will be made available in our dining room, our pavilion and our parking lot (weather permitting).
6. Indoor capacity of the club room and the dining room will be limited to 50% of our rated capacity (exclusive of employees) which means no more than 30 people in the club room at one time and no more than 34 people in the dining room at one time.
7. Staff and patrons will be required to maintain a separation of six feet between them at all times to the maximum extent possible.
8. Persons under the age of 18 will not be permitted in the building during this time.
9. Animals will not be permitted in the building.
10. On Sundays, the Queen of Hearts tickets will be sold from the pavilion kitchen area and the drawing will be held in the pavilion to ensure adequate separation between individuals not of the same household. The volunteer who draws the ticket will accompany one of our raffle committee members to the card case in the club room to retrieve the chosen card number. The sealed envelope will then be taken back to the pavilion to be opened and revealed to all in attendance. Drawing results will be announced on the post website by the next day as done in the past. If the prize is ever over $5,000, winnings will be reported to the IRS and federal income taxes will be withheld as required by law. The next drawing date will be announced.
11. New hand sanitizer dispensers have been mounted in numerous locations in the building including the entrances to all three toilet rooms, the entrance to the kitchen, behind the bar and next to the pull tab machine. Patrons are strongly encouraged to make use of these dispensers upon leaving the rest rooms, upon entering or leaving the kitchen, before and after using the pull tab machine and before and after touching the juke box or the ATM machine.
12. Popcorn will not be available in the club for the time being. Sealed snacks such as potato chips, pretzels and beef sticks will be available as usual.
13. The pool table, the dart machine and the cornhole boards will not be available for use during this time due to the high contact nature of their use and card games will not be permitted.
14. All patrons including members and their guests will be required to sign in upon entering the premises, providing name and telephone number. This is to facilitate contact tracing in the event of an exposure.
15. All drinks will be served either in the can or in a plastic cup. No glassware will be utilized for the time being to ensure sanitary service.
16. Bar surfaces and table tops will be sanitized after each use.
17. Rest rooms will be inspected and sanitized on a regular basis during each business day.
18. A bar service area near the back door is reserved for patrons who are not seated at the bar for the purpose of ordering and receiving their drink orders.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE FOR THE PROTECTION OF OUR STAFF AND PATRONS AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS REQUIRED BY THE AUTHORITIES. WE DO NOT WISH TO INCONVENIENCE ANYONE DURING THIS TIME AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING AS OUR SOCIETY WORKS TO RECOVER FROM THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. IF ANYONE HAS ANY CONCERNS ABOUT ANY OF THESE PROCEDURES OR THEIR IMPLEMENTATION, PLEASE DISCUSS THE CONCERN PRIVATELY WITH ANY POST OFFICER OR BOARD MEMBER. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF OUR MANY FRIENDS AGAIN VERY SOON.